Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Credit card update

I know this is kinda boring, but it's so darn informative that I must share it with you.

This post updates a previous post recommending the Virgin Credit Card.

I now recommend the HSBC Low Rate VISA to people with a credit card debt that is currently accruing interest. It does have a $39 annual fee after the first year (so it's best to transfer to a different card once you're out of debt), but here's the good stuff: this card offers a 0% balance transfer rate for six months, and then 10.49% per annum after that. 10.49% is probably the lowest interest rate on any card currently offered by NSW banks (some credit unions are lower). It's almost certainly lower than the interest you're paying now.

I don't work for HSBC or any other credit provider or bank. I take no responsibility for the applicability of this information to your personal situation. Thinking for yourself is a cool thing to do.

|

2 Comments:

  • If you are so excited by credit card interest rates that you feel the need to blog about it, you *really* need to get a life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 17, 2005 1:08 am  

  • You're right, I certainly do. On the other hand, this post might be more useful to more people than most of my other posts. On the other hand again, this post might be more boring to more people than most of my other posts. I wonder what John Stuart Mill would do.

    By Blogger Anne, at April 21, 2005 2:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home