Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Silly kitty


Little Joey (who you'll remember from here and here) has been sick. He even had to stay at the vet for fluids and x-rays (and the always popular thermometer up the bum). For two nights we stayed up with him like he was a sick child and slept in shifts. I have a wide variety of interesting scratches from trying to hold him over the sink when he vomited. Also, needless to say, the shag rug has gone in for cleaning.

Anyway, he's all better now. At five o'clock this morning Daniel woke me up to show me just how much better Joey was. You see, the vet suspected that there might be a linear obstruction - the kind that doesn't show up on x-rays. And before dawn, I was awoken from a deep slumber to be presented with something resembling a turd on a plate, although Daniel assures me Joey threw it up out of his mouth. On looking closer I could see rubber bands, hair and a cushion tassel.

WHY did he eat that stuff? Well, we're convinced that he's actually a well-disguised puppy. Not only does he eat really dumb things (we have found little bits of scouring pad thrown up on the floor because he ate them, but we never thought it'd come to this), but he's also crazy about people and he fetches.


By the way, Daniel wanted me to show you a picture of the turd-thing. I swear to God, he took a picture of it alongside a ruler (pedantic product photographer I guess). Of course just talking about this is already in bad taste, but if you're desperate to see the picture, something can be arranged.

|

4 Comments:

  • At long last, I know of somebody else with a cat who'll eat Any Damn Thing At All.

    Mine will use extreme ninja skills to break into the cabinet to eat dry rice. She'll also eat until she's full, throw up, and then eat more.

    Actually, I think yours is worse, since mine has never eaten a tassel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2005 2:31 am  

  • my brother and his wife have two cats.

    one is the usual moggy, full of distain and a vauge longing to be on the other side of closed doors.

    the other is known as a hug-slut. a lounge room full of people is a dilema for her, as she doesn't know who to sit on first.

    oh, and she chases paper balls and brings them back to you. for hours. she even knows where the post-it notes are, and if you go near them and don't screw one up and throw it for her, she is just crestfallen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 06, 2005 6:06 pm  

  • Actually, I'd like to see the thing. My cats only leave nondescript furballs on the car, the televison, in my shoes.... I'd like to see a worthy specimen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 10, 2005 1:34 pm  

  • Bring on the photo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 12, 2005 10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home